At IAMGOLD, we believe that by engaging, empowering and supporting each other, we can achieve extraordinary things. Our core values guide us:
- We are driven to excellence in everything we do
- We are accountable and operate with transparency
- We conduct ourselves with respect and embrace diversity
- We grow with teamwork, learning and innovation
We are also guided by our vision of achieving Zero Harm. Zero Harm is our commitment to strive continually for excellence in human health and safety, minimize our impact on the environment, and work co-operatively with our host communities. Zero Harm is both a goal and a journey, and to help meet our commitments, we rely on partnerships with our host countries, host communities and, most importantly, with our employees.
Find out how Zero Harm is helping us achieve our vision of accountable mining and enriching the lives of our stakeholders.
- Awarded both the inaugural CIM Syncrude Award for Sustainable Development and PDAC's Environmental and Social Responsibility Award in 2011
- Listed as one of the 50 most responsible corporations in Canada by Maclean's/Jantzi-Sustainalytics and the highest ranked mining company in Corporate Knight's Canada's Best 50 Corporate Citizens, ranking 11th overall
- Align our best practices with some of the industry's best environmental frameworks, including ISOI4001 and the Mining Association of Canada's Towards Sustainable Mining Initiative
- Reclaimed over 180 hectares of land in our mining sites
- Developed and implemented industry-leading practices in land remediation
- Use innovative biodiversity mapping and assessment tools endorsed by the International Union for Conservation of Nature
- In 2011, invested $4.3 million in community development
- Maintain 50 unique partnerships with NGOs & government organizations, such as Plan Canada, The Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), Right to Play, Canadian Cancer and United Way
If you're ready to build a future as part of a passionate, caring and forward-thinking team, we invite you to explore career opportunities at IAMGOLD. Contribute to our legacy of discovery and Zero Harm. Become an IAMGOLD ambassador.